Miner Safety Training, an outstanding provider in monitored live online training, brings the MSHA Part 48 AB Surface & Underground New Miner and Annual Refresher to you.
The training plan for this course is approved by MSHA and takes place in a training room providing an interactive environment for learning and collaborating compliant with MSHA training requirements to see and hear the participant 100% of the time, delivering a personalized experience for every participant. We cover every subject required by MSHA Part 48 New and Experienced Miner. At the completion of the course, students that have completed and followed the code of ethics and conduct during the training, will obtain the 5000-23 form to work on any mine site in the US and it will be widely accepted by most mine operators worldwide.
Part 48 B Annual Refresher MSHA Safety Training
- After you register for this course you will get an email with the instructions on how to log into the training room.
- You must use your first and last name (no nicknames or aliases).
- You may have to install the plug-in Java applet for the software used by the training platform.
- In the same email you will get the hardware and software requirements and the Code of Ethics and Conduct to follow at the training.
- Violation of these codes could get you kicked out of the training room. The instructor must be able to see you at all times during the training.
- You will have the chance to talk to the instructor and the audience previous permission from the instructor.
- You will have a 30 minutes lunch break and 10 minutes breaks according to instructions.
- Do not go away from being visible except during lunch or break time or if you go to the restroom.
- If you need to go away for a short period, get permission from the instructor to do so.
- Sunglasses nor ball caps or any kind of hats in the training room
- Do not sleep in the training room.
- We want to make sure you are awake and focused on the training.
- Groups up to a maximum of 20 participants and the instructor must be able to see and interact with all of them.
Duration: 8 hours (1 day)
Do you have questions? Call us at or send us a message
Part 48 B New Miner MSHA Safety Training
This course is a 24 hour training for Part 48 B and fully meets all Federal requirements for anyone working at a surface & surface of an underground mine. In addition, you will receive an 8 hour site-specific training at a Surface or Surface on Underground mine.
Upon completion of the course, students will receive an MSHA Form 5000-23 certifying that they have completed 24 hours of training.
- Those interested in working in the mining industry;
- Those with mining experience in other countries who wishes to certify to work in mines in the US.
- Those with mining experience but have not previously met MSHA Part 46 and Part 48 training requirements.
After you register for a course and pay your registration fee, you get an email with the instructions on how to log into the training room:
- Once there log in as a Guest. You must use with your first and last name (no nicknames or aliases).
- Violation of the Code of Conduct could get you kicked out of the training room. Once in the training room follow the instructions given.
- During the training, the instructor must be able to see you 100% of the time. You will have the chance to talk to the instructor and the audience previous permission from the instructor.
- A 30 minutes lunch break and 10 minutes breaks according to schedule and instructions in the email.
- If you need to go away for a short period, let the instructor know.
- We do not allow the use of sunglasses, ball caps or any hats. We want to make sure you are awake and focused on the training.
- Do not sleep in the training room.
- Groups up to a maximum of 20 participants and the instructor must be able to see and interact with all of them. Keep in mind this training can be very exhausting.
Do you have questions? Call us at (760) 880-0052 or send us a message.
ON THE DAY OF THE TRAINING
- You’ll be in the classroom with an MSHA Approved Instructor along with the other participants training that day.
- The Instructor will lead the training using SWF, FLV or MP4 presentations, long and short videos, quizzes, and a touch of sense of humor.
- At the end of the training, the MSHA Instructor may ask you to complete some quizzes.
- You get your signed MSHA 5000-23 form and you’re good to go!
- On-site Training is available on demand. Rates for Surface Mines are the same as for online training (Underground Mines pricing provided at the time of the request). The customer in will pay travel and lodging expenses.
- A miner trained under Part 46, needs training for a mine site that falls under Part 48, as a new miner with no experience.
- To be able to provide annual refresher training, we will need to see documentation verifying each miner’s past MSHA safety training. If we cannot verify training, MST and MSHA will have to assume that the miner has no training and he will need the “New Miner” training.
- Keep all your training records! MSHA does not keep copies of past training. This is very important
- For metal non-metal underground mining, 32 hours of training is required and an additional 8-hour site specific training at an underground mine site.
- Surface and Underground “New Miner” training is available, if you need certification on both. Call or email to discuss the details.
We recommend that you get First Aid/CPR certification that must renew every three years. You can do this at your local Fire Department or Red Cross.
For Coal Mines (Includes coal mining only, nothing else):
- Surface Coal Mines: “New Miner” training requires 24 hours of training.
- Underground Coal Mines: “New Miner” training requires 40 hours of training for underground coal mines.
CHECK UPCOMING TRAINING EVENTS